OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION: Our client, an MSP, is growing and they are turning to TeamBradley to help them grow! This outstanding MSP company is currently looking for a Systems Engineer. A good fit for this opportunity would be a detail oriented, self starter who is customer service focused. You must have outstanding communication skills and can explain technical issues clearly to others. Can work remotely when not traveling, but must be open to 50% local travel to clients for installations and repairs this position is located near Greater Chicagoland, Schaumburg, IL area.
- Maintain, investigate, design, develop, documentation and testing of client network environments through a schedule of onsite and remote work.
- Conduct desktop, server and network diagnostic and repairs.
- Work with project leads and managers on assigned tasks and within project scope and milestones to establish successful deployment of IT projects for clients.
- Evaluate system performance to diagnose deficiencies and help develop solutions for improvement.
- Level 2 Escalation
- Propose new network related technology trends, make suggestions and develop plans for the future network infrastructure.
- Develop Subject Matter Expertise in focused areas.
- Document all work performed and maintain accurate documentation of client’s network environment.
- Effective Utilization target of 93%.
- On call rotation during off hours
- Travel to clients (anywhere from Rolling Meadows, IL to Chicago and parts of Wisconsin) – must have reliable transportation
- Degree or equivalent of relevant work experience
- One or more of the following certifications: MCTS: Windows Server 2008, 1 Core Exam towards MCSA Server 2012, MCTS: Exchange 2010 , 1 core exam towards MCSE: Messaging (Exchange 2013), CompTIA Server+, MCITP: Office 365 Administrator, Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) or Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC)
- Experience supporting and installing Windows Desktop and Microsoft server operating systems
- Install and support network infrastructure equipment per companies’ standards
- Up to date Network Infrastructure experience – Cisco, Forinet and SonicWALL
- Windows Server experience building, troubleshooting, managing and understand how policies are created
- Hands-on VMware experience
- Hands-on hybrid and cloud backups experience
WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS OPPORTUNITY: Resumes without the required technical skills and experience will not be considered. Although a strong desire for a certain type of position is a credit to your goal, experience is necessary. Our client is not considering sponsorship at this time and is not open to relocation expenses.
Systems Engineer– 11783