Sr Cost Accountant
Park Ridge, IL
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION: Our client, a commercial manufacturer, is growing and turning to TeamBradley for help. They are currently looking for an outstanding Sr Cost Accountant. This person will provide support, direction, and compliance with internal control systems. This position is currently located in the Park Ridge, IL area and is on a hybrid work schedule (3 days in office, 2 days remote).
- Management review process to evaluate the performance of the company.
- Lead the accounting function for multiple facilities.
- Develop and control the department budget.
- Conduct month-end close activities; ensure activities are completed in the proper timeframe.
- Conduct inventory valuation activities.
- Establish standard product costing.
- Ensure all compliance, accounting, and reporting are performed in accordance with corporate standards.
- Analyze and interpret plant operation results, evaluate variances, and assess the effects.
- Prepare and manage forecast and budget scenarios.
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
- Manage plant performance on improvement goals and KPIs.
- Evaluate plant cost structure and identify and assist management with structural cost reductions.
- Analyze capital investments to ensure they meet plans.
- Effectively create and present information.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance, with a CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of cost accounting and manufacturing experience.
- 5+ years of compiling annual operating plans/budgets experience.
- 3+ years of ERP systems software experience (SAP required).
- 3+ years’ experience in operational accounting (cost accounting, KPIs).
- Write routine reports, business correspondence, and document accounting procedures.
- Able to use complex formulas, charts, and tables.
WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS OPPORTUNITY: Resumes without the required technical skills and experience will not be considered. Although a strong desire for a certain type of position is a credit to your goal, experience is necessary. Our client is not considering sponsorship currently and is not open to relocation expenses.
Sr Cost Accountant – 23-12031