Senior Data Engineer
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION: Our client, a global financial service corporation, provides their clients with superior customer service while always striving to exceed client expectations. They believe in providing quality services to their clients; they must employ innovative individuals that embrace a team collaborative spirit to provide innovative solutions to their customers. They are currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer. This position is currently located in Chicago, IL, or New York, NY, and is hybrid preferred or modified remote.
- Support the development of applications, including debugging current systems and/or enhancements
- Collaborate with Software/Data Engineers for successful implantation
- Work with business representatives and senior engineers to understand business requirements
- Develop detailed specs for enhancements that can be easily interpreted by the business representatives and other engineers
- Write code according to specs and maintain continuous integrations and processes.
- Maintain databases used for development and testing
- Understand outcomes of the testing phase; identify solutions to resolve fundamental issues or collaborate with senior Engineers
- Support others with implementation and release activities to ensure a successful delivery
- Monitor system-wide tests to continually improve products and process
- Degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Financial Service experience
- Experience in advanced T-SQL skills, Azure, C#, dimensional (star) data modeling, DataVault, database engineering, Python, performance tuning, Spark, Synapse, and SQL server
WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS OPPORTUNITY: Resumes without the required technical skills and experience will not be considered. Although a strong desire for a certain type of position is a credit to your goal, experience is necessary. Our client is not considering sponsorship currently and is not open to relocation expenses.
Senior Data Engineer – 11833