OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION: Our client, a leader in the retail industry, has always been committed to offering their employees stability, outstanding benefits packages, and ample opportunities for growth within the organization. They believe in acknowledging and rewarding the hard work, dedication, and achievements of employees and providing a working environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and collaboration. They are currently looking for an outstanding network architect to join their team. The Network Architect will help support and operate their growing network infrastructure. This position is located in the Deerfield, IL area and is Hybrid (3-4 days in office, 1-2 days remote).
- Configure and install various network devices and services.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades.
- Monitor performance, resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning to ensure system availability and reliability.
- Provide support and troubleshoot network issues.
- Work within established policies to ensure awareness, approval, and success of the network infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures with the company’s security team.
- Collaborate with the networking team in designing and implementing data networks
- Work cooperatively with vendors and other IT personnel to resolve problems.
- Remain familiar with network technologies.
- Lead and assist the networking team
- Obtain quotes, monitor server room, and order equipment
- Manager hardware/software support renewals
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of Designing, implanting, and testing for both on-prem and in-cloud network experience
- Cisco CCNP or higher certification
- Significant experience with routers, switches, firewalls, and WIFI operations
- Scripting or coding experience
- Experience with SAN/NAS technology including Fiber Channel and iSCSI switching and zoning
- Experience with network documentation and diagramming tools using Visio
- Understanding of Cisco Unified computing systems
- Experience with security protocol and design
- Understanding of VMware/vSphere
WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS OPPORTUNITY: Resumes without the required technical skills and experience will not be considered. Although a strong desire for a certain type of position is a credit to your goal, experience is necessary. Our client is not considering sponsorship currently and is not open to relocation expenses.
Network Architect – 23-12011