Information Security Engineer
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION: Our client, one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to work for, is currently seeking an Information Security Engineer. We really love working with this company because they pride themselves on being a great place to work and strive for a true work-life balance where people tend to stay for a very long time. This role is currently Hybrid with a minimum of 1 day in office.
• Identify and define system security requirements and design the security monitoring infrastructure for on-site and cloud solutions.
• Establish technical solutions and new security tools to reduce security vulnerabilities
• Construct and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
• Create and support processes to monitor network traffic for abnormal activity
• Implement Infosec best practices
• Monitor network, devices and computer systems
• Develop security test plans
• Perform vulnerability assessments and application security evaluations
• Effective new software/hardware configurations for standards
• Aid 3rd party security assessments
• Investigate security incidents and fix and established procedures
• Inspect suspicious files
• Perform malware analysis
• Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience in an IT security capacity.
• Information security certifications CISSP, GCIA, GMON, GCIH, or other similar certifications
• Cloud, Azure, Cisco, and Infrastructure experience
WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS OPPORTUNITY: Resumes without the required technical skills and experience will not be considered. Although a strong desire for a certain type of position is a credit to your goal, experience is necessary. Our client is not considering sponsorship at this time and is not open to relocation expenses.
Information Security Engineer – 11792