OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION: Our client, a global financial service corporation, provides their clients with superior customer service while always striving to exceed client expectations. They believe in providing quality services to their clients; they must employ innovative individuals that embrace a team collaborative spirit to provide innovative solutions to their customers. They are currently looking for a Data Engineer. The right candidate must have outstanding communication skills. This position is located near the Chicago, IL area or New York, NY area and is hybrid preferred or modified remote.
- Support the development of applications, including debugging systems and/or enhancements
- Ownership for successful implementation and collaboration with Software / Data Engineers
- Collaborate to understand business requirements
- Develop detailed specs for improvements to system requirements as defined by others
- Write code according to specs and maintain continuous integrations and processes
- Maintain databases used for development and testing
- Work with business representatives to understand the outcomes of the testing phase and identify solutions
- Collaborate with others for implementation and release activities
- Monitor system-wide tests to continually improve products, services, and processes
- Monitor implementation of system improvements and documents
- Experience with Azure, C#, dimensional (star) data modeling, DataVault, database engineering and performance tuning, Python, Spark, Synapse, SQL server, and T-SQL skills
- Previous experience in a financial services industry
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and business
WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS OPPORTUNITY: Resumes without the required technical skills and experience will not be considered. Although a strong desire for a specific position is a credit to your goal, experience is necessary. Our client is not considering sponsorship and is not open to relocation expenses.
Data Engineer- 11831