Cloud Computing Engineer
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION: Our client is moving from on-prem to the cloud, and they are teaming up with TeamBradley to find a Cloud Computing Engineer. The right candidate will have the ability to adapt to changing technology and apply it to the needs of this company. Great communication and personal skills are a must. This position is 100% Remote.
- Design cloud infrastructure environments for a wide variety of systems. Translate project requirements. Review and analyze architecture-level security solutions at the domain or product level to transform them into cloud infrastructure designs and implementations. Establish strategic relations with key technology vendors
- Analyze and modify enterprise technology strategy and architecture. Maintain knowledge of cloud technologies, trends, and standards.
- Assist in piloting the evaluation of new tools, technologies, and/or processes to maintain and enhance the system infrastructure
- Possesses a thorough understanding of cloud security fundamentals. Continually evaluate new cloud infrastructure threats with associated mitigating designs and their impact on IT and Business operations
- Establish cloud computing templates and implementation guidance for applications that leverage IaaS solutions with a focus on IaC. Integrate application design strategies to include the design of loosely coupled cloud resources to allow for a redundant and resilient end-user application design.
- Assist in performance improvements while ensuring security controls are in place
- Document cloud design guidelines for both new and existing business applications. Conduct liaison activities in reviewing the application designs, providing recommended alterations to designs, and partnering with enterprise architects to transform current application design principles to be more cloud aligned.
- Coordinate the development of all necessary design documentation associated with cloud service solutions, including all aspects of cloud solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of enterprise-level Infrastructure or implementation experience
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Python, or other automation/scripting technologies
- Experience moving workloads from on-prem to cloud
- Deep understanding of security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiar with Containerization
- Experience using AWS CDK
- AWS and Cloud Platform Certification
- Good working knowledge of:
- Application protocols, such as DNS, HTTP(S), SMTP, and SSL
- Common applications of cryptography, such as X.509 PKI, PGP, etc.
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Security event and log management
- Identity and access management
- Encryption in the cloud
- Networking fundamentals including VPN configuration
WHEN RESPONDING TO THIS OPPORTUNITY: Resumes without the required technical skills and experience will not be considered. Although a strong desire for a certain type of position is a credit to your goal, experience is necessary. Our client is not considering sponsorship currently.
ID#:11796 – Cloud Computing Engineer